Have you recently purchased the Tuya camera? If yes, then this article will be beneficial for you. We will be talking about how to connect Tuya camera to WiFi.
What is Tuya Camera ?
The Tuya camera can be used indoors as well as outdoor. They have some great features, which include it being fully wireless. They also only need to be charged once and will last for a season. These cameras have HD night vision and can be connected to your phone.
The Tuya camera not only records videos but also records audio . It has a privacy mode where you can turn off the video and audio with just one click. Also, there is no need to worry about your data being unsafe. It is stored in the cloud and will not be lost even if the device fails.
How to connect Tuya Camera to WiFi
- Before anything, you need to download the Tuya Smart app from the app store or play store on your mobile.
- Then the app will ask you to register yourself. You need to enter your country. You can register with either your mobile number or email address.
- The verification code will be sent to you via message if you have registered with a mobile number, or it will be sent to your email id if you have registered through an email id.
- After this, you have to enter the verification code. The code will be six digits.
- You will be asked to create a password.
- Now, you can log in to your account.
There are two ways to connect the device to Wi-Fi. We have mentioned both ways. Whichever method is easier and more convenient for you, use that.
METHOD 1: SMART CONFIGURATION
- Open the Tuya Smart app on your phone and click on the “+” icon on the top-right corner to add the device. Select the “All Devices” option and select “Smart Camera.”
- The device will flash a red light on the indicator light, which means it is ready to connect. Then type in your password and then start the Wi-Fi configuration.
- The app will try to connect to your device. During this time, the device will beep, start blinking red and turn solid green.
- Your device is successfully connected to your phone. Now you can use the device.
METHOD 2: QR CODE NET PAIRING
- Open the Tuya smart app and select the “otherwise” option in the top right corner.
- Choose the option “QR code net pairing.”
- Then type your Wi-Fi password.
- You’ll see a QR code on your mobile screen. Point the screen to the camera lens so the camera can scan the QR code.
- After hearing the beep sound from the camera, click on the option “I heard the beep.”
- If the QR code method fails, you can follow the instructions of method one.
FEW POINTS TO REMEMBER
- The device supports a 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi band.
- The authentication type of the router’s wireless setting should be AES, and the encryption method should be WPA2-PSK, or both should be set to automatic.
- The Wi-Fi name should not contain any Asian character.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How many cameras can be controlled?
- Tuya smart app can control an unlimited number of devices. However, your router may have a limit on how many could be connected.
Why am I not able to connect the device to Wi-Fi?
- Check if you have entered the correct password or if your router is having an issue.
Why is my device not connecting to Wi-Fi via QR code?
- Point your mobile screen properly in front of the camera lens. If that does not work, you can try the smart configuration method.
Suppose you want to reset your Wi-Fi connection, press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds. Then, follow the methods mentioned above.
Now go and connect your device to the Wi-Fi with the help of these easy steps. And enjoy your Tuya camera.