Why the tuya plugs not able to reset?How to reset my tuya smart plug? There is sometimes an issue that comes in resetting tayu smart plugs. We do not know why or how did it happened? There can a number of reasons for the non-functioning of the plugs and the only solution is to reset.
You try different methods but still no luck as you are not that good in such area as it is either related to tech or some internal issue. What will you do? The answer is to reset the tayu smart plug How to and when to reset the tuya smart plugs?
There are many ways to reset the plugs :
- Ensure the device is on – Sometimes we do not notice that the device is off and needs to be powered back on. If it is so then the app will not detect the plugs. Press the power button for a few seconds and see if the light is on now, if yes, then the device is again working.
- Use the app – Open the app and click on the plugs option and you will now be on settings. When you are there click on pencil tool. From there go to option of remove device and wipe the data. click confirm after that you can now re- enter the device on the app.
- Through ez mode – It is similar to the first method but in here first you need to hold the power button for 5 seconds but before than 10 seconds power off needs to be done. When the lights blink rapidly it is now on smart mode and now can use it.
- Though ap mode– No need for power off the device, just keep the hand on the power button and press for 5 seconds and then light will be blinking slowly and it is now in ap mode. Connect through ap mode itself.
- Not the latest version – There are times when your app gets old. The need is to get new version of the tayu app. Re start the plug again after connecting it to the socket.
- Problem of fire ware – After sometime the fireware of the camera gets affected. The need is to update the fireware. Provide your Virtual ID of the device to staff. The plug will start to work again.
- Change the SSID – Change it to some non – alphanumeric character as sometimes the devices do not like – in the ssid. Can change it to BTHUB then try searching and connect again.
- Use bt Wi-Fi- Open web browser to hub and enter address 192.168.1.254 and this will open the hub. Then enter admin password, if you have not changed it will be same and after entering click on/off of the smart setup. After that you on the plug click save and it will again start to work.
- The device is offline after power outrage, even after power is back the device is offline. In order to connect again the device use following method:
- When you have too many devices that are connected to your router, it makes difficult for the device to connect as the maximum number have reached its limit and it makes the device not able to get into the range.
- After the power is restored then even the device is offline as other devices are connected them to the network.
- Check the network status of your device, reset it to the way that it can connect to the network easily. You need to do this If tuya plug does not connect itself.
- When the device is offline after changing the router, you change the path from where the device was getting the network from. Following actions can be done –
- First remove that device .
- Reconnect the device to the new version of network.
- Then add it Again.
By looking all these, it can be said that the reason for non- working of the tuya plug is the network issue, old version of the app, clicking of power button, ssid issue, etc.
So, all the above-mentioned techniques for better working of tuya plugs are in hands of the person alone, you just need to keep an eye on the issues mentioned above when you see that your tayu plugs is inactive and do one of the methods to restore its functioning.