Is it difficult for you to download Snapchat for Windows PC? If yes, then you have found the appropriate article to help yourself. We are going to tell you a quick method to download Snapchat for PC Windows. Just go through the article.
What is Snapchat?
Today, we come across a handful of popular social media and multimedia applications that provide us with various interesting features. Snapchat is one such messaging application that develops your social connectivity.
This application is in tough competition with other social media applications such as the GB Instagram app, Facebook, and WhatsApp Plus app. But to our disappointment, the Windows platform lacks access to the Snapchat app. Regardless of this situation; you can view your Snapchat account on your Windows laptop screen! So you can take our help to download and install Snapchat for Windows PC.
Download Snapchat for PC
Name: Snapchat v18.104.22.168
System Requirement: Windows 7/8/10
Author: Snap Inc
How to download and install Snapchat for Windows PC
We are going to follow a common method to carry out the installation and downloading of the Snapchat app on Windows PC. To use Android apps on Windows, the use of Android emulators has been in scope for a while. What would be better than BlueStacks Android Emulator for this purpose? If you are comfortable with the Nox App Player Android emulator, feel free to use it. Our chosen method is described below. You will not need more than 10 minutes.
- Android Emulator: On a web browser, finding the official website of BlueStacks should be your first step.
- Download emulator: Download and install the emulator as soon as you reach the website of BlueStacks. The use of Internet Download Manager would skip a few minutes of your download process.
- Run the installer: Run the installer as soon as the installation is over and select the folder where you want to locate the Android emulator.
- Launch emulator: An icon shortcut will appear on your desktop with the help of which you can launch your installer. Just double-click on it to launch it.
- Go to Play Store and log in: Now you must open Play Store and log in there with your Google account. Having an account for login is necessary.
- Search for Snapchat: Once you are in Play Store, seek the Snapchat app.
- Install the app: Now just reach out to the download button and start your installation.
- You are successful: You are now ready to use your application on your Windows PC!
Some common terms and features of Snapchat:
- Snapchatter: A user of Snapchat is called a ‘Snapchatter’.
- Snap: A ‘Snap’ is either a photo or a video that is sent or received. Snapping anyone means sending him/her a photo, video, or message through the chat function of the app. The application is itself sometimes referred to as a ‘Snap’.
- Snapback: It means a reply to a snap. This term has faded away with time. It was popular during the early days of Snapchat on social media.
- Story: A story is a reel in which the snaps captured by you are linked together and visible to your followers. A story can be viewed again and again only for 24 hours. After that, it disappears. But you can always save your entire story in your private storage section of Snapchat.
- Snapcode: Snapcode is similar to a QR code. By scanning this code by the Snapchat camera your friends can easily add you to their list of followers. This code can be accessed by tapping on the ghost icon.
- Score: A score is a record of the snaps sent or received, the number of stories posted, and some other factors. The more is your score, the more you use Snapchat.
- Snapmap: This feature allows you to share your current location with your friends and followers. It also lets you find out the location of your friends. When you are sharing your location, you will be represented by a Bitmoji.
- Discover: To the right of your camera screen, this section appears which is saved for brands and publishers. They are the ones who upload stories to be viewed by all.
- Filter: This feature helps your snap to exaggerate. In the preview screen, you can add your current location, time, weather, or geofilters to your snap. At a time you can add more than one filter to your snap.
- Lens: You can add fun to your snaps with the use of this special feature. You can add reality-based effects to your snaps. Some popular lenses are ‘rainbow puke, and ‘dog with tongue’.
- Geofilter: Geofilter feature is a type of filter that focuses upon your location or an event that you are attending. This filter becomes available only when you are at a specific location/event such as a wedding.
- Chat: This feature allows you to send direct messages to your friends. It adds up to using Bitmoji stickers, a video call, shares snaps, share money, and much more.
Snapchat is one interesting application for social media surfers with various attractive features. Some of the features of this application are mentioned above in this article. This article is created specifically to help you get your Snapchat screen on your Windows PC laptop. This is possible with the help of an Android emulator as mentioned.
This application has been rated 4.3 out of 5. It provides you with the opportunity to share your feelings with your friends and contacts. You can share your photos or videos by adding a variety of filters. You can also share your location with your friends. If you like our writing, please share.