Yahoo! Top 10 (last 14 days):
1. Kevin Love, PF/C MIN
2. Chris Paul, PG, NOR
3. Dirk Nowitzki, PF DAL
4. Amar’e Stoudemire, PF/C NYK
5. Wilson Chandler, F NYK
6. Wesley Matthews, SG/SF POR
7. Kevin Durant, SF OKC
8. Dwyane Wade, G MIA
9. Deron Williams, PG UTA
10. Kobe Bryant, SG LAL
Guys to Watch (Yahoo! Rank over the last 14/Ownership Percentages)
1. Ty Lawson, PG DEN (24/25%): Lawson was a pretty good fill-in for Chauncey Billups over the last three games. In five starts on the year he’s averaging 17 and 6, with great percentages (53/47/93). Billups owners should grab him, and he’s definitely worth a look in keeper leagues, as Billups’ contract is expiring and the Nuggets will soon be preparing for the post-Carmelo rebuilding era.
2. Ronnie Brewer, SG/SF CHI (41/13%): Deep leaguers should take notice of Brewer, who has been lights out lately in the steals category, averaging three per game over the last 6. He’s not good for much else, but he’s got potential.
3. Nick Young, SG/SF WAS (47/38%): With the departure of Gilbert Arenas, Young should see plenty of minutes in the Wizards’ new-look rotation. In his first game as a starter on Saturday he went 13-23 from the floor, hit both of his threes and scored 30 points. The sky’s the limit now, as apart from Wall and newly-acquired Rashard Lewis, Washington has very little by way of offensive firepower.
4. Spencer Hawes, C PHI (57/35%): Hawes is all sorts of inconsistent, but in deep leagues you could do worse if you’re in search for some of those coveted C numbers. He’s had a double-double (points, rebounds) in two of his last three games and has 11 blocks over his last four.
5. Thaddeus Young, F PHI (73/57%): Like Hawes, you never know what to expect out of Young. But with Andre Igoudala trade rumblings refusing to die down, there could eventually be minutes available for both he and Evan Turner. Until then, he’s still a decent add in deep leagues if you need steals and solid percentages.
My Record Thus Far (one league): 43-44-1
My Add/Drops this week: N/A (I guess I’m pretty happy with my team)
Keep it here, folks, as I open my Christmas present early (a matchup with KCCB’s much-maligned “Bubble Guts”).