There are several things I’ve been wrong about to embarrassing result. It turns out that Techno music isn’t actually any good when you aren’t high. Also, Republican voters will actually vote a draft-dodging drug abuser into the White House. Most recently, Matty Ice is, in fact, a good QB. In my defense he was getting way more credit than he deserved prior to this week. Having said that, if he has another game like this past week’s I will be driving the band wagon (also, I told you so about the Ravens being overrated).
What did we learn about betting this week:
- It is much less important to get picks right than it is to get money allocation right. I’ve picked more games incorrectly than correctly, yet I’m positive for the year.
- Longshot bets are the way to go. This year I’ve gone with a strategy of a couple of longshot bets to mix things up. It is entirely possible that the best betting strategy is “bet all the longshots”.
What else did we learn this week:
- Ron Mexico is so back. His game last week was not a fluke, people.
- Kendra is back in Playboy. That is good. The Colts still can’t get an on-side kick. That is bad. (Rot in hell, Hank Baskett).
- Donnie Mac is getting a huge extension for being out of shape and arguing with his boss. Wow. I’ve already got the contempt for my superiors, maybe if I spend the next 8 months drinking beer and eating cheese fries I’ll be ready for a raise too (oh, wait, that isn’t a change of diet).
Where do I stand?
Last week picks: 2-3
Last week outcome: +$52
Cumulative result: 19-20-3/+$234.50
Longshots (odds as of: 8pm 11/16):
5dimes.com Denver at San Diego +415
Tons of longshots this week. Unlike previous weeks the hardest part is going to be picking the ones we want. I absolutely adore Denver over San Diego this week. No one can figure out what is going on in the AFC West. The Raiders have the best record, San Diego is probably the best team. Denver and KC have both gone through stretches where they looked like comers. This lack of clarity has caused an imbalance in the odds, it’s time for us to take advantage. $10.
5dimes.com Houston at Jets +255
Houston has come way down from their early season popularity. This is justified as clearly they are still a low character team who are damned. The Jets on the other hand are still the darlings of the media. Instead of people questioning their recent close games (to bad teams) the media is just enamored with their QB. I’ll take the imbalance for $10
Logans.com Carolina vs Balmer +500
I have no faith in Carolina winning this game, but 5-1 odds is too hard to pass up. $10
5dimes.com Detroit @ Cowboys +6.5 (+100 money line)
Detroit has been covering all year. The Cowboys have been bad all year. I don’t buy the Jason Garret transformation. I’ll put $30 that Detroit proves the ‘Boys are no different than before.
5dimes.com Raiders @ Steelers +8 (+110 money line)
Oakland’s transformation has been remarkable this year. I don’t buy it 100%. They have been on a flukey run and have been beating bad teams. Having said that, the Steelers have been badly exposed. Their offensive line is in trouble. Their defense looked pedestrian and I think that the Raiders can keep this game close. $40.
Phi vs NYG -3, Mia vs Chi -1
About The Author:
What does it say about the Real KC that he’s played more hours of video games this week after buying Super Mario Bros. for his Wii than he did in the previous 5 years? It says he has more sense than you do if you use his picks for real gambling. See an article that he actually worked on (Charting a Drive) at 18to88.com.